Listen to this Article
- Kampala Capital City Authority shall receive funds from the Government of the Republic of Uganda (2023–24) to be used for the acquisition of;
CONSTRUCTION OF KCCA PHILLIP OMONDI STADIUM PHASE 2 (Procurement Ref. No.: KCCA/WORKS/2023-24/00015)
- The above works will also include and are NOT limited to: concrete works, structural steel roof works, masonry works, mechanical & electrical (including ICT) works.
- The Entity invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the provision of the above works.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open domestic bidding method contained in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003 (Amended March 2014) and is reserved to only national and resident providers.
- To qualify for award, the Bidder must meet the following minimum qualifying requirements:
- Experience under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor within the last three (03) Years prior to the bid submission deadline.
- Minimum average annual turnover of Uganda Shillings Eight Billion (UGX 8 Billion), calculated as total certified payments received for construction contracts in progress or completed, within the last TWO (02) years
- Performance Experience: Experience as a main contractor for at least 4 (four) similar construction works contracts within the last 5 (five) years. Similar works means open public access projects such as markets, stadia, shopping malls and multi-level office buildings; the works should include concrete works & structural steel roof works. Each of these works contract should have contract value of not less than UGX 4.5 Billion (4,500,000,000/=). To comply with this requirement, evidence documents required include completion certificates and/or final payment certificates).
- Capacity to access cash/credit of Uganda shillings Five Billion (UGX 5 Billion) or equivalent
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 10(a) from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
- The Bidding documents (digital copy for all volumes; all in English) may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below at 10(a) and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of UGX 500,000 (Uganda Shillings, five hundred thousand only). Bidders will only be issued Bidding Documents upon presentation of an original receipt of payment. The documents shall be physically collected from the address in 10(a) below. The method of payment will be by Bank Payment Advice Form issued by the Employer. The bidding documents may be collected by the bidder from the address in 10(a) below.
- There shall be a pre-bid meeting/site visit at 11:00am on the 16th October 2023 as indicated in the proposed schedule in this notice.
- Bids must be delivered and registered to the address in No.10 (a) at or before 10:00AM, on 1st November 2023. All bids must be accompanied with a bid security of UGX 100,000,000 (Uganda One hundred Million only) in form of a Bank Guarantee from any recognized commercial bank in Uganda. Bid securities must be valid until 28th February 2024. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below in No 10(b) at 10:30AM on 1st November 2023.
- (a) Documents may be inspected at:
The Head of Procurement and Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority Headquarters
Procurement & Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority
Room No. B-114A, City Hall
P. O. BOX 7010, Kampala.
- The Planned Procurement Schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
|a)||Publish Notice||4th October 2023|
|b)||Pre-bid meeting / Site visits where applicable||16th October 2023|
|c)||Bid closing date||1st November 2023|
|c)||Bid opening date||1st November 2023|
|d)||Evaluation process||With In 40 days from date of bid opening|
|e)||Display and communication of best evaluated bidder notice||After approval of Evaluation Report.|
|f)||Contract award and Signature||After Solicitor General’s Approval and at least 10 working days from display of the best evaluated bidder notice|
KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY BID OR ALL BIDS